A Community Information alert has been issued for smoke in Charlemont after firefighters were called to a garage blaze.
It happened on Horseshoe Bend Road around 7.45 this morning, with crews finding the garage well alight.
The CFA says flames had spread into the roof space, but firefighters worked to save the rest of the house.
The blaze was declared under control just after 8am.
No-one was injured in the fire.
The CFA says locals may see or smell smoke in the area but there is no immediate threat.
Crews remain on scene to clean up.
Picture: The fire in Charlemont [Geelong Broadcasters]