A surge in garage and shed fires has authorities encouraging people to clean up their properties.
CFA crews have already been called to 26 garage fires so far this year across Victoria.
There have also been shed blazes across Geelong, including one in Lara in late May.
Acting Chief Fire Officer Mark Sinkinson from Geelong’s FRV said a lot of shed fires were caused by batteries overheating.
“We are seeing more and more devices powered now by lithium ion batteries,” he said.
“You’ve got your e-scooters and e-bikes, and we’re saying only use the chargers and chords that were originally supplied with that device.”
Locals are also being advised to install smoke alarms in garages and sheds to reduce the risk of any fires spreading.
Picture: Fire crews were called to a shed fire in Lara in May [Geelong Broadcasters]